This week over the week break we had from school I had looked over the rubric to see what I needed to do for my research project because I wasn't feeling super confident in it and that is when I saw the ABCD criteria which made it so much simpler and easier for my brain to process. Then after that, I went and reorganized what I had of my slide show so far so it fits those criteria.
This week I had my monologue picked out for my moment of theatre. It is from a melodrama written by Oscar Wilde called "Duchess of Padua". I chose a monologue that is a bit towards the beginning of the play, but I liked it because I couldn't quite tell the emotion she was feeling when I first read it, and that was something I struggled with for a bit with this monologue. What I did first was put it in a document and printed out so I could have a hard copy then I set out to find different melodrama gestures to match with the different emotions I saw in the monologue.
For my second semester, final me and my class had to perform a rough draft of our moment of theatre and then receive feedback from our peers. Before it was my turn I was nervous because being a perfectionist I was not confident in performing my piece yet because it was not up to my standards, but I knew that if I just did it then I would get comments from my peers on how to enhance to make it better. So after I had preformed and got the feedback I wrote it down and later that day I try it out and I felt a bit more confident with it but it still needs practice.